At our annual banquet we honor the volunteers who have made service to youth through the BSA program work. There are three different honors the Timberline District can make.
Outstanding Volunteer Award
Each unit (Pack, Troop, Crew, or Team) has the opportunity to select adult volunteers that have made a difference in your unit.. This is your chance to publicly thank these individuals who have given their time and effort to make Scouting happen in your unit.
Consider: Who goes the extra mile? Who is always enthusiastic? Who gets the job done?
Those selected may be unit leaders, committee members, parents, or other adults.
The forms are here as a Word Document
Unit Leader of the Year Award
Does your unit (Pack, Troop, Crew, or Team) have a Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, Advisor, Skipper or other registered Leader (Asst Scoutmaster or Advisor, Den Leader, Committee Chair, Charter Org Rep, etc.) that is worthy of the title “Leader of the Year”? Timberline’s tradition is to accept written nominations from the units for the above awards. The District Nomination Committee, consisting of past District Award of Merit recipients, completes the process by vote.
Only one award will be given out in each of the above categories.
Nominate your special leader by using this form and providing letters of support to tell the committee why this candidate is worthy of the award. The Nomination Committee would like no more than three (3) letters of support.
The forms are here
Timberline District Award of Merit
Do you know a district volunteer who has also been a great asset to the Scouting Program?
Nominate your district leader by using the official BSA form and providing letters of support to tell the committee why this candidate is worthy of the award. The Nomination Committee would like no more than three (3) letters of support.
The forms are here as a Word Document
Deadline for the applying for all three awards is December 31, 2017
If you have any questions, contact Billie Reynolds, Timberline District Awards Chairman. LakewoodBilly@Q.com
Fall Camporee is coming up, and there is still time to get the early bird discount. I can’t wait to see all of Timberline District at Camp Tahosa the weekend of September 22-24th for a great weekend of Fun.
Early bird Special! Overnight Campers that register before September 11th is only $17.00. Saturday registrants that register before September 11th is only $10.00. Any registrants after September 20th will be $23.00. Don’t miss out! Register now.
Registration closes on 9/20/2017!
Registration includes Saturday lunch, 10 rounds of .22, 3 shotgun rounds, and 2 muzzle loader rounds. Bring extra funds for more rounds.
If you have any questions, please contact Larry Svoboda. CONTACT E-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways We Help Units and Leaders and Scouts are listed on the left Menu and below:
- Training. Trained Leaders have more fun, get more out of the Program, and help more youth.
- Recruiting. See our Recruiting Tools page for great ideas to help you recruit new families.
- Activity Ideas. Want ideas about Pack or Troop Activities … see our Calendar.
- Finances. We support the District and Council staff and program by raising money to support them.
- Advancement. We support units by providing additional opportunities for Cub and Scouts to Advance as well as providing training for adult leaders.
- Den Adventure Plans. Cub Scout Den Adventures (they are Adventures, not merely “meetings”) are very critical … we have lots of ideas at Cub Scout Adventure Plans, including scanned versions of the Den Leader Guides and resources.
- Service Projects. Most every Unit does Service Projects, and help find and support your unit Service Projects.
- Journey to Excellence Recognition. The Journey to Excellence program was designed to help units support their youth by helping them plan and then supporting the plan to be a great unit.
- Commissioners (Unit Service). Volunteers who help units beyond their “home” units are Commissioners … see Commissioner Service for ways we help.
- Charter Renewal. Every Unit needs to renew their charter by the end of the year, and our Unit Charter Renewal page has all your resources for that.
- On Line News. We share links to Boys Life & Scouting Magazines and more, like http://scoutingwire.org/.
The Final Webelos Weekend meeting is Wednesday July19th at 630pm. Everyone should show up, both scouts and leaders.
Also troops need to register. We have 14 Webelos signed up but not 1 staff registered yet. This is needed this so we can plan food counts and order supplies.
We will meet at 6588 W Ottawa Littleton 80128 630 PM Wend July 19
Soft commitments I have:
– Troop 554 doing Fire Safety and Camp Games
– Troop 808 Doing Knives and Saws and helping with campfire program
– Troop 47 helping with Flag Ceremony rotation and providing a kitchen helper and Chaplain
– Troop 888 helping with patrol hike and lashings
Still need at least 4 patrol leaders, may end up being 5 and help with first aid and camping 101 skill stations
Planning on feeding troops Friday dinner thru sun breakfast but we need to start getting a firmer grip on numbers.
Thank You every one for helping
Please contact me with questions
Hello Timberline District,
I hope you are doing well and getting ready for a great summer. We are excited to announce some District events and news.
July Round Table:
- July is a busy month with Family vacations, holidays and tons of summer activities because of this we will not be holding Round Table in the Month of July. Roundtable will start up again in August on the First Thursday of the month. This will be the start of a new round table season, and we hope to see everyone there.
- Popcorn season is coming up, and we hope you will participate in the sale. Popcorn is a great unit fundraiser where a large percentage of the sale goes back to the unit and can be used for camps, getting new tents and supplies for your unit, summer activities, and so much more. Get your unit signed up today by clicking the link below.
- Timberline District is in need of a District Pop Corn Kernal. If you have experience helping your unit sell popcorn and would like to share that knowledge and experience with the District now is your chance. If you have any interest in helping other units grow their popcorn sales and helping other scouts to succeed, please let me know.
Investment in Character:
- We are coming to the end of our Investment in Character Campaign, and right now as a district we are really close to reaching our goal, and you can help. Please consider making a contribution to the IC campaign and supporting the Scouts of Timberline Distinct. To make a contribution, please go online to the link below and make a donation.
Buffalo Wild Wings:
- Timberline is currently set up to receive 10% of all sales from Buffalo Wild Wings when a customer mentions that they are with the Boy Scouts or Team B. This offer is good for the BWW located at 415 S Wadsworth Blvd, Lakewood, CO 80226. We still have a few months to go for this deal, and we hope you and your family will stop in for some delicious wings. Unable to stay for dinner the promotion is also good for pick up and catering. Please stop in and help support Timberline District.
Elitch Gardens and Waterworld:
- Need some ideas for how to beat the heat this summer Elitch Gardens and Waterworld are both offering Scout Days. This is a great chance to get discounted tickets and get your Den, Pack, or just a group of friends together for a fun day at either park. For more details see the links below.
- Cub Scout:
Timberline District will be hosting a Webelos Adventure weekend the first week in August. Does your first or second-year Webelos want to learn more about the fun and adventures that await them in Boy Scouts? Webelos Adventure Weekend is a great chance to learn what Boy Scouts is all about.
- Boy Scouts:
Do you remember what it was like to be a Webelo Scout transitioning into Boy Scouts? Do you want to help make a difference in a young Scouts life? Are you in need of service hours? Webloes Adventure weekend is a great chance for Boy Scouts to further develop their leadership skills and teach some of the upcoming Webelo Scouts, not to mention there is the opportunity to get service hours for helping.
To Learn more about the Adventure Weekend contact Mike Harper at timberlinewebeloweekend, or see the attached flier.
Online registration is open; please go online to register at, http://www.timberlinedistrict.com/registration/calendardetail.aspx?ActivityKey=2092986&OrgKey=1776
– C.S.I Day Camp was a huge Success, and we hope everyone who attended had a great time. We hope to see everyone again next year. If you would like to get involved and help with the planning process let us know and we can get you involved.
- Have you ordered your Spring recruitment materials? No need to wait till fall to start recruiting new Scouts. Spring is a great time to get kids excited about joining scouts and to grow your Pack. Order your spring recruitment materials here. Spring Recruitment is a great way to get ahead for the fall.
- If you participated in Spring Recruitment, please report your results. If you have new application to turn in, Please let us know we would be happy to pick up applications. Additionally we will be contacting units this month about unit roster checks.
Do you want to help other units grow their numbers? We will be looking for Fall sign up night presenters and assistance with our Fall recruitment. We will have more information to come, and we hope you will join us in making a difference in a young man’s life.
- Summer camps are coming up, and we hope to see you there this summer. Summer Camps are a great way to continue your Scouting Program over the summer and have the scouts earn some great new merit badges or other advancements. We can’t wait to see you at PV or Tahosa this summer.
- Fall Camporee is coming up and will be here before you know it. The themes for this year is Amazing Race, and we hope you all will come and participate in a weekend of fun. The dates for the Fall Camporee September 22-24 at Tahosa, can’t wait to see you all there.
Tim Purvis | Timberline District Executive
Boy Scouts of America
Denver Area Council
10455 West Sixth Avenue | Suite 100
Denver, CO 80215
Click the image above to register today – space is limited!
Please remember to designate your United Way gift to the Denver Area Council, BSA (Agency #0014).
Troop 989 has one hive and is adding a second hive this month. The hives are located at their Chartered Organization. You can watch the bees by following these instructions.
– PCs, Macs and Android
o Download ReoLink App
o ‘Add New device’
o You do not need to share the camera
o Choose ‘Enter’
o Use UID XCPTP206532DVPGE and click Done
– Username: Guest
– Password: Troop 989 (with space between Troop and 989)
– There are three levels of video quality. Choose the best level for your bandwidth
o Clear – Best
o Balanced – Medium
o Fluent – Lowest