Scout Sunday is Feb. 4, 2018.
Scout Sabbath is Feb. 9 and 10, 2018.
Scout Jumuah is Feb. 9, 2018.
12 ways to celebrate Scout Sunday, Scout Sabbath and/or Scout Jumuah
- Wear your Scout uniform to worship services.
- Present religious emblems to Scouts, leaders and Venturers who have earned them in the past year.
- Recruit several Scouts or Scouters to read passages from religious text.
Involve uniformed Scouts as greeters, ushers, gift bearers or the color guard.
- Invite a Scout or Scouter to serve as a guest speaker or deliver the sermon.
- Hold an Eagle Scout court of honor during the worship service.
- Host a pancake breakfast before, between or after services.
- Collect food for a local food pantry.
- Light a series of 12 candles while briefly explaining the points of the Scout Law.
- Show a video or photo slideshow of highlights from the pack, troop, crew or ship’s past year.
- Bake (or buy) doughnuts to share before services.
- Make a soft recruiting play by setting up a table near the entrance to answer questions about your Scout unit.