Hello Timberline District,
I hope you are doing well and getting ready for a great summer. We are excited to announce some District events and news.
July Round Table:
- July is a busy month with Family vacations, holidays and tons of summer activities because of this we will not be holding Round Table in the Month of July. Roundtable will start up again in August on the First Thursday of the month. This will be the start of a new round table season, and we hope to see everyone there.
- Popcorn season is coming up, and we hope you will participate in the sale. Popcorn is a great unit fundraiser where a large percentage of the sale goes back to the unit and can be used for camps, getting new tents and supplies for your unit, summer activities, and so much more. Get your unit signed up today by clicking the link below.
- Timberline District is in need of a District Pop Corn Kernal. If you have experience helping your unit sell popcorn and would like to share that knowledge and experience with the District now is your chance. If you have any interest in helping other units grow their popcorn sales and helping other scouts to succeed, please let me know.
Investment in Character:
- We are coming to the end of our Investment in Character Campaign, and right now as a district we are really close to reaching our goal, and you can help. Please consider making a contribution to the IC campaign and supporting the Scouts of Timberline Distinct. To make a contribution, please go online to the link below and make a donation.
Buffalo Wild Wings:
- Timberline is currently set up to receive 10% of all sales from Buffalo Wild Wings when a customer mentions that they are with the Boy Scouts or Team B. This offer is good for the BWW located at 415 S Wadsworth Blvd, Lakewood, CO 80226. We still have a few months to go for this deal, and we hope you and your family will stop in for some delicious wings. Unable to stay for dinner the promotion is also good for pick up and catering. Please stop in and help support Timberline District.
Elitch Gardens and Waterworld:
- Need some ideas for how to beat the heat this summer Elitch Gardens and Waterworld are both offering Scout Days. This is a great chance to get discounted tickets and get your Den, Pack, or just a group of friends together for a fun day at either park. For more details see the links below.
- Cub Scout:
Timberline District will be hosting a Webelos Adventure weekend the first week in August. Does your first or second-year Webelos want to learn more about the fun and adventures that await them in Boy Scouts? Webelos Adventure Weekend is a great chance to learn what Boy Scouts is all about.
- Boy Scouts:
Do you remember what it was like to be a Webelo Scout transitioning into Boy Scouts? Do you want to help make a difference in a young Scouts life? Are you in need of service hours? Webloes Adventure weekend is a great chance for Boy Scouts to further develop their leadership skills and teach some of the upcoming Webelo Scouts, not to mention there is the opportunity to get service hours for helping.
To Learn more about the Adventure Weekend contact Mike Harper at timberlinewebeloweekend, or see the attached flier.
Online registration is open; please go online to register at, http://www.timberlinedistrict.com/registration/calendardetail.aspx?ActivityKey=2092986&OrgKey=1776
– C.S.I Day Camp was a huge Success, and we hope everyone who attended had a great time. We hope to see everyone again next year. If you would like to get involved and help with the planning process let us know and we can get you involved.
- Have you ordered your Spring recruitment materials? No need to wait till fall to start recruiting new Scouts. Spring is a great time to get kids excited about joining scouts and to grow your Pack. Order your spring recruitment materials here. Spring Recruitment is a great way to get ahead for the fall.
- If you participated in Spring Recruitment, please report your results. If you have new application to turn in, Please let us know we would be happy to pick up applications. Additionally we will be contacting units this month about unit roster checks.
Do you want to help other units grow their numbers? We will be looking for Fall sign up night presenters and assistance with our Fall recruitment. We will have more information to come, and we hope you will join us in making a difference in a young man’s life.
- Summer camps are coming up, and we hope to see you there this summer. Summer Camps are a great way to continue your Scouting Program over the summer and have the scouts earn some great new merit badges or other advancements. We can’t wait to see you at PV or Tahosa this summer.
- Fall Camporee is coming up and will be here before you know it. The themes for this year is Amazing Race, and we hope you all will come and participate in a weekend of fun. The dates for the Fall Camporee September 22-24 at Tahosa, can’t wait to see you all there.
Tim Purvis | Timberline District Executive
Boy Scouts of America
Denver Area Council
10455 West Sixth Avenue | Suite 100
Denver, CO 80215
Click the image above to register today – space is limited!
Please remember to designate your United Way gift to the Denver Area Council, BSA (Agency #0014).